The registration process
Published on January December 30th 2019. Last update on January 2nd 2020.
In this article we provide you with all the information you need to complete the registration process at User Sense.
1 - Create an account
To start the registration process, we ask you to create an account here. Then only verify you email address and you are ready to go!
2 - Providing personal information
To comply with tax regulations we ask you to share personal details with us. We will need to know your full name, address and date of birth. In case you wish to paid on a business account we will need a VAT number too.
3 - Qualification test
In this step we ask you to do a qualification test. The qualification test consists of a short usability test, which will take around 10 to 15 minutes to complete. We ask you to do this so because of the following reasons:
- We have to be sure our software is working on your device
- We have to be sure you are clearly visible and can speak English fluently
- It will show that you have read the usability test instructions and know how to apply them
To perform the test we ask you to download our software, which is currently only available on Windows and Mac. We expect to release the app for Android and IOS in Q1 2020.
What not to do:
- Explaining what you see on the website (the customer is already aware of this)
- Saying that everything is fine
- Show how quickly you can complete the tasks (it is important that you take the time for the test)
- Only give compliments about how beautiful the website is (unless you really like something, you can say that of course)
- Perform tasks other than those specified by the customer
- View the website through professional experience - do not provide in-depth technical feedback unless specifically requested
What you we need you to do:
- Include the customer in your experience by thinking out loud (!)
- Constantly explain what you are doing, why you are doing this and how you feel about it (e.g. frustrated, annoyed, happy, etc.)
- Say if you are confused, unable to find something, or become distracted
- Suggest improvements that would help you perform a task better or faster
- Take the test in a quiet room where there is no background noise
- Speak loudly and clearly so that you are well understood
Answer all questions at the end of a task
We assess your video on the following points:
QUALITY OF RECORDING
- Tester is in a quiet room
- Tester is clearly visible
- Tester speaks loud and clear
- Tester went through the don’ts and avoided them in the test recording
- Tester went through the do's and applied them to the test recording
- Tester has provided relevant answers to the questionnaire
- Tester provides comprehensive answers to the questions asked
- Tester provides solutions for discovered problems
After you have completed the qualification test, the ball is in our court. The review of the test video will take place within five working days. You will receive an email whether you will be added to our pool.
Please note: you will not be paid for taking the qualification test. Only when you are admitted to the User Sense pool will you be eligible for paid usability tests.
4 - Complete the questionnaire
Congratulations! If you made it this far, you are admitted to our pool! You are now eligible to perform paid usability tests.
We now ask you to complete a questionnaire. Completing the questionnaire has the following two advantages:
- You are more often invited to participate in usability testing
- You get paid 50% more for every test you perform